Project Engineer - Blyth (UK)
To support the overall delivery of the Company’s business objectives, whilst implementing departmental procedures in line with Company standards.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support head office by carrying out all required surveys within your area
- Support Estimation department with the pulling together of MTOs and material specification for tender purpose
- Develop and identify local supply chain for Tools, Consumables, logistics, and Accommodation to support projects in the area
- Develop and identify local subcontract labor to support awarded projects
- Attend client meetings and tender follow-ups for ongoing tenders
- Establishing close internal working relationships with the Project Team, Facility Managers, Facility Superintendents, QC Inspectors, Supervisors, and Production Personnel to ensure that project objectives are being achieved and that cost-effective and efficient engineering practice is being undertaken.
- Ensuring that the Operations team is kept appraised on any events that may have an impact on the overall project delivery or completion date.
- Ensuring that the contractor and client’s quality requirements are met in relation to the performance of activities defined in the Scope of Work.
- Ensuring that Modutec and the Client’s quality requirements are clearly understood, communicated, and achieved.
- Assist the Project with quality management, customer care, service performance, HSE implementation, and staff development for all those under their control.
- Establishing a close external relationship with the client and liaising with the Client Engineer on all technical matters, providing specific technical authority and/or direction where appropriate.
- Responsible in conjunction with the Project Manager and Quality Department for identification of sub-contract activities, the award of the subcontract, and the control of sub-contractors.
- Identifying critical path components and ensure that long lead items are expedited and delivered so as not to impact the overall project delivery schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring that through regular client interface & progress meetings, project targets are being achieved.
- Attend Worksites on a regular basis as required to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- During Tender Phase: Requirements for the eligibility of the bidders, input to the tender conditions, and preparation of tender and contract documents. Evaluation and analysis, and recommendation in regards to tenders.
- Continual monitoring of project schedules to ensure they are being maintained.
- Work with Project Managers and Senior Management to ensure sufficient and competent resource is available to deliver all designated trade-specific activities.
- Manage workload priorities among Project Engineers to ensure all activity is completed in a timeous and efficient manner. Carry out any specific Emergency Response duties in accordance with the Modutec Emergency Response Manual.
- Apply MODUTEC Ltd QHSE Procedures in their daily activities and report any non-conformances or suggested improvements to the Line Manager, Senior Management, and/or the QHSE Department.
- Ensure full awareness of all aspects and procedures within the Internal Management System and subsequent updates
- Fully support all aspects of the MODUTEC Ltd Company Values at all times.
- Minimum Competency / Qualifications / Experience
Experience in a similar role is preferred. Engineering qualification and/or 5 years minimum documented experience as a project engineer in Accommodation/machine space Upgrade/new build of Cruz line, Marine, Defence, Rig, Offshore platform type of assets
Continuing Professional Development
As identified and agreed through the formal competency and performance appraisal process.