Xergy Group is committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do. Our environmental commitments are as follows:
- We are committed to achieving net zero carbon emissions in our business by 2025.
- Our Sustainability promise is to annually measure and report on our scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions and to implement a culture and practice of year-on-year improvement.
- While we transition to full carbon neutrality our actions will firstly work to permanently reduce our footprint and, secondly, in the initial period of our ecological transition, to compensate our emissions through offset.
The following are some of the ways in which we will achieve this:
- Minimise our waste and reuse or recycle as much of it as is possible.
- Minimise energy and water use within our buildings and processes in order to conserve supplies and minimise the consumption of natural resources.
- As far as is possible, purchase products and services that do the least amount of damage to the environment.
- Encourage and support the development of our employees, volunteers, partners and stakeholders to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Encourage our employees to follow the same policies outside of the workplace.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
- To ensure we meet our commitments, we will regularly monitor and review our environmental performance and take corrective action where necessary. We will review this policy annually.